Some 700 families who participated in the seizure of the Guernica property, which marks one year this Tuesday, insist on claiming the governor Axel Kicillof that he “fulfill the promises” that his administration made to recover the 100-hectare land located south of Greater Buenos Aires. Some of them demonstrated today in the Obelisk Buenos Aires to ratify their demands to the Buenos Aires management.

The Guernica property, one year after the takeover that marked the beginning of Kicillof's management

The Guernica property, a year after the takeover that marked the beginning of Kicillof’s administration (Gerardo Viercovich /)

As he was able to verify THE NATION at the site, the families that demonstrated in the area of ​​the Plaza de la República joined a march by the Polo Obrero. “We haven’t even talked for two months,” said Gastón, Guernica’s neighborhood delegate, referring to the officials of the Community Development Ministry who are in charge of the relocation plan committed by the head of the portfolio, Andrés Larroque..

“We did not see a single piece of land,” said Gastón, amid the hype that this morning resounded at the Obelisk, adding that they had been promised that six months after the end of the capture, they would have a lot awarded. Of the 180 families supported by the Polo Obrero, only 80 received subsidiesprotesters claimed.

Aerial view of the protest of left-wing parties at the Obelisk one year after the capture of Guernica.

Aerial view of the protest of left-wing parties at the Obelisk one year after the capture of Guernica. (Gerardo Viercovich /)

At the same time Rosa, a 54-year-old woman who was at the take with her 20-year-old son Marcos, said: “I heard that in four months we have the land.” However, he warned that officials “want to put them anywhere” and wondered: “We need something more because we lost everything. I have nothing and I have no job. As I do?”. Rosa lives in her sister’s house and receives a salary from a cooperative.

As they denounced, the promise of Buenos Aires government consisted of granting 3000 lots with services, of which “none have arrived yet.” The negotiations were case by case and the “neighbors” -who had already divided the property into four neighborhoods- signed minutes from November 2020 to last April, when the dialogue tables were interrupted in the middle of the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Guernica estate, one year after the taking

The Guernica estate, one year after the capture (Gerardo Viercovich /)

Those who already had some land would receive materials, others a lot or a pre-award together with $ 30,000 that the majority collected within 30 days. The agreed deadline was 180 days and already expired, there is still no news of the land promised by the Kicillof administration, after the eviction that took place in October last year in an operation led by the Minister of Security, Sergio Berni.

One year after the start of the seizure, on July 20, 2020, about 700 families remain organized in three assemblies: one of them is supported by the Polo Obrero, another by the Socialist Workers Party and the third is called Coordination of Delegates and Organizations of the Land Recovery of Guernica. The presence of leftist forces was once again evident today at the Obelisk.

The Guernica estate, one year after the taking

The Guernica estate, one year after the capture (Gerardo Viercovich /)

Alberto Fernández: “The exit from the pandemic is a few meters away”

Before a query from this newspaper, in the ministry directed by Larroque they said that expect to advance in the next 15 days with the first stage of the pre-award, following an agreement with a real estate developer that will cede 50 hectares in the municipality of Presidente Perón. “In the course of August the works will begin. The opening of streets and the installation of service infrastructure are planned ”, official spokesmen affirmed.



Publicado en el diario La Nación

(Visitado 1 veces, 1 visitas hoy)